Login to edit, complete, or review submissions.
New users register here.
The special call to submit proposals (posters and videos) for the SRI2022 Idea Market Competition for Carbon Removal is open and will close on May 30, 2022 (23:59 SAST (UTC +2).
With this special call, SRI is seeking to invest its carbon offset funds, included in all 2022 Congress registrations, in an innovative initiative that can be scaled up and effectively contribute to the reduction of carbon emissions.
The winning proposal will be rewarded with a cash prize of USD$3500, to be used for further development of the initiative.
This is an exciting opportunity for students, young professionals, and innovators to showcase their research, advances, concepts, designs, prototypes, and products that can contribute to the reduction of carbon emissions, with the global SRI audience.
Expanding on the success in its inaugural year, the SRI Idea Market invites proposals for either a 3-minute video or a poster presentation. The Idea Market allows individual contributions to the SRI2022 program and is a great opportunity for anyone who would like to share their ideas and receive feedback, but was not part of an SRI2022 session proposal. Contributions from young and early-career professionals, Indigenous groups, and individuals from low- and middle-income countries are especially welcome.
Submissions can be at the idea stage or can be developed concepts and results. Participants are encouraged to think outside of traditional scientific formats within their video or poster creations and to have fun brainstorming and developing their sustainability idea. We are looking for ideas and initiatives that demonstrate successful and/or innovative transdisciplinary work.
Submissions will be made available for all registered SRI2022 Congress attendees to preview online before Idea Market sessions. All posters and videos must be submitted through the SRI2022 submission portal to be considered, and they will go through a competitive review process.
When you submit your SRI Idea Market Special Call proposal, please indicate your preferred time (morning / evening South Africa Time) depending on your time zone.
For this call, we only accept submissions in English.
Videos should not be longer than 3 minutes. For both videos and posters, please review our samples:
Criteria for selection:
- Expected impact on reducing carbon emissions, including scalability
- Solution-oriented, inspirational, cutting edge, and high-quality
- Overall coherence of the video/poster
- Novelty and creativity of the approaches and solutions proposed
- Expected impact, and the robustness and feasibility of the outlined pathway to achieving that impact
We are especially keen to see projects that demonstrate successful and/or innovative transdisciplinary work.
SRI is eager to support contributions from young and early career professionals and researchers, indigenous groups, as well as participants from low and middle income countries (please see definitions below)*.
General information to all presenters:
- All SRI Idea Market sessions will be recorded and the recordings will be made available via the SRI2022 online Congress platform.
- All presenters will be invited for a 30-minute SRI2022 online Congress platform training session or Q&A session one or two weeks before the SRI2022 Congress in June 2022.
- There will be an SRI2022 staff member providing support in each session room.
- All presenters must register for the Congress in order to participate.
- For additional questions, please contact: email@example.com