Log in to Complete an Application or to Access Reviewing Panel
SRI2023 IDEA MARKET CALL FOR INNOVATIONS
Translation is available in Spanish
The invitation to submit videos - presenting an innovative idea on sustainability or carbon removal - for the SRI2023 Idea Market is open until May 1, 2023 (23:59 EST, UTC-5). You will be updated on the status of your proposal in May 2023. The final selection of winners will be made by a panel of expert advisors at the SRI2023 Idea Market sessions in June 2023.
The SRI Idea Market is an exciting opportunity for students, young professionals, and innovators to showcase their sustainability research, advances, concepts, designs, prototypes, and products with the global SRI audience.
Building on the success in its first two years, the SRI Idea Market invites 3-minute videos presenting an innovative idea and sharing best practices, lessons learned, or unique or alternative approaches to sustainability research and innovation. The Idea Market is a great opportunity for anyone who would like to gain visibility for their ideas as well as receive feedback and advice from an expert panel. Contributions from young and early-career professionals, Indigenous groups, and individuals from low- and middle-income countries are especially welcome.
The 2023 SRI Idea Market includes two competitions: On sustainability innovation and innovation in carbon removal. Accordingly, SRI2023 will make two cash awards: for the top-rated video on sustainability; and the top-rated carbon removal idea (see below).
- Sustainability innovation category: All submissions should address one or more of the four SRI2023 Congress themes.
- Carbon removal category: In 2023, SRI is investing its carbon offset funds in an innovative project that can contribute to the removal of carbon from the Earth’s atmosphere and that can be scaled up to effectively contribute towards the goal of staying within 1.5°C. This competition will be part of the SRI Idea Market. Special consideration will be given to projects that can advance the measurement of carbon removal efforts.
Submissions in both categories can be at the idea stage or can be developed concepts and results. Participants are encouraged to think outside of traditional scientific formats within their video creations and to have fun brainstorming and developing their sustainability idea. We are looking for ideas and initiatives that demonstrate successful and/or innovative transdisciplinary work.
Submissions will be made available for all registered SRI2023 Congress attendees to preview online before Idea Market sessions at SRI2023. During the sessions, selected applicants will be invited to discuss their videos with a panel of expert advisors (max 10 minutes/proposal). These expert advisors will rate the videos.
All videos must be submitted through the SRI2023 submission portal to be considered. Research papers or other submissions not conforming to the submission guidelines will not be considered. SRI2023 welcomes submissions in English and Spanish.
When you submit your SRI Idea Market proposal, please indicate your preferred time for your Idea Market presentation (morning/evening Panama Time) depending on your time zone, and whether you wish to attend online or onsite. All presenters accepted to the SRI2023 program are expected to participate in their Idea Market session to be considered for the prize. SRI will notify you of the time of your session in case your submission is accepted to the Congress program.
Criteria for selection:
- Solution-oriented, inspirational, cutting-edge, and high-quality
- The overall coherence of the video
- Novelty and creativity of the approaches and solutions proposed
- Expected impact, and the robustness and feasibility of the outlined pathway to achieving that impact
All Idea Market presenters must register for the Congress no later than June 1, 2023, in order to participate in the competition and the Idea Market sessions.